Soy sauce goes very well with cream.
This could be a gentle introduction to Japanese tastes for those who are not familiar with them.
Serve with boiled rice or mashed potatoes.
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 chicken breasts fillets (360g)
2 large flat mushrooms or 130g of any other mushroom
100ml single cream
2tbls soy sauce
4 spring onions
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
1. Cut the chicken and mushrooms into 1cm thick strips and chop the spring onions finely
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the chicken
3. Add the mushrooms and keep stirring until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through
4. Pour the single cream, soy sauce and most of the spring onions into the frying pan, mix together
5. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
6. Serve hot with a sprinkle of the spring onions on top